Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our Discord
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Campaign for activity

Hybrid View

Hinata-Sou Resident
    We could whittle it down, couldn't we? Make it strictly an anime etc board? Gah, this is getting heavy.

Aniki is my King
    If the board was exclusively anime content, I don't think many people would stick around. Part of having a thriving forum community is having an overflow section where members can talk about their lives and just anything else under the sun.Maaaaybe...maybe we should broaden our horizons, though? We could be an everything-anime forum instead of just Akamatsu. I know we were already trying that, but right now we still come off as very Love Hina and Negima orientated.P.S. sorry if someone already mentioned some of this, I'm too lazy to read the first two pages :')

don't let anyone tell you that you're not beautiful
    even me, especially me

Quote Originally Posted by tainted violets View Post
    maybe we should broaden our horizons, though? We could be an everything-anime forum instead of just Akamatsu.
    Honestly, this is the best possible course of action.

I'd make my own idea contribution, and I'm partially sure that I have already, but I don't really see a way to attract more people without switching out of the Love Hina/Negima motif that this site has held dear for such a long time.
    Last edited by Aoshi Shinomori; 27 Nov 2011 at 2:37 am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoh
    They compared school girls drinking tea to men drinking during war... Why do you go to this site again?

Finally watched Twilight
    Blog Entries
    to be honest, it doesn't seem anyone's been very receptive to much of any ideas tainted... I mean the only one even remotely interested was Hinarei, and i haven't seen him in weeks...

if you want a look into my life in song and video form:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q4yI...caAHTwotIAAUAA

Well guyz, Style make me admin to change the concept of the forum, now its going to be about anime in generl.. well i acept suggestion but the forum its about to change.. but i need help to manage this dead comunity.

Im dont have plans on beeing an admin, im just helping Style on his forum

So guyz, i need to know about the oranization, the powerfull ppl and all that stuff.

Sorry for my bad english, im kind of hurry right now to correct this
    Getting a new Signature...
    Again.. sorry for my bad english!

Former Evangeline Shinso-Chan Suigintou's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @Sirax

First and foremost I guess this forum needs more people to join and for that "you" and everybody else who wants to support the forum needs to do some commercial.

I wrote "you" since I know how hard it can be to make others work for you, but the truth is that you can only rely on yourself. I really want to help, but I want to be honest with you and say that I'm not a hard working person unless I see progress. (which you hardly seen on animeb theese days) I shall help you with ideas when I can.

For now I have alot of ideas that I want to sort out before I write more... and besides I'm very short on time right now... but I shall return later today and write my post to the end.

COUNT ON ME

Former:

Thanx, i know that i need to work like all december in aspects like marketing and design, but im happy to do it in order to improve this forum and give it live.

If you wanna expose your ideas talk to me or to style in the #animeb channel at irc (server: irc.aunquesea.com)

Blog Entries
    Me and irc ^^ its like introducing a 5 year old to how the internet works x)

Anyway I still need some time to sort out the ideas since I just backfired myself on some of them x).... I will post the ideas tomorrow when I get back from work

Former:

ok tnx, also you can send me pm anytime you want.

I will work on forum only the weekends, but im going to try to conect every day to talk to all the ppl interested i this project.

C'ya

Hinata-Sou Resident
    Lay the ideas out, Suigintou! Lord knows the rest of us are running on empty.

Blog Entries
    I have PM'ed you the same msg I send Sirax. I still don't want to make it public as you shouldn't follow the ideas just yet... I still need to figure out how to actually use them the best way ... You will understand soon if you know the majority of the community of the people my ideas include

Former:

Blog Entries
    I hope the previous calls for ideas and further inaction hasn't alienated everyone who has been up for helping. I'm afraid I've let this wane again and would welcome any and all assistance anyone's willing to give.

You need to know about the organisation, Sirax? There's not much Many of the regulars who come by now are diehards and several are former staff. I demoted everyone bar me and panzy when I was asked to clear the staff and promote new people to mod positions. Then I got bogged down in asking people for organisational ideas and things went downhill from there, so there are no mods as you've no doubt seen.

We made the decision to be something other than an Akamatsu-centric forum some time ago. As you can see, we are still kind of stuck in limbo. The default skin is something of a stumbling block, which many have commented keeps us anchored, and not just in a good way. I tried getting people who were more vB-minded than me into making up some skins for us, but I guess ideas and practical problems got in the way and nothing much translated to the main site. We have AnimeBlu, but not much else.

I don't wish to stick on old details here though, and I promise to at least try and get logged in here more often than has been possible in the last couple of months.

I wish you luck in your endeavours here and I will try my damnedest to help wherever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Crono View Post
    [...]pretty epic in terms of epicness

Hinata-Sou Resident
    Here's some organisational stuff, Sirax: Hinarei was the last active admin with randompanzy, although random seems to have vanished a little. I was admin before random. FB (Ebeneezer) is the skin mod of old, as it were. He designed the animeblu skin, anyway.

And Suigintou, your ideas may not be fully-formed just yet, but that's all the more reason for airing them to the world! We need to discuss things in the open; we'll get nowhere keeping secrets.

Finally watched Twilight
    Blog Entries
    I have offered my help repeatedly and i appreciate your gesture Hina. i had gotten worried that something had happened to make you disappear. I just don't want to be left high and dry while i have stuck around hoping that someone would allow me to help in some way, i'm not a computer nerd, but i'm not illiterate, i know how to build websites and have focused on design and such.

I can say recently i was disillusioned at the fact that so few had expressed little if any interest in my opinions or offers of ideas and or help, and i hope that i can now help you in designing the pages, proofreading for those who's first language isn't english, etc... i can help!

if you want a look into my life in song and video form:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q4yI...caAHTwotIAAUAA

Blog Entries
    I would suggest that we make a new Subforum for this project (i will leave it to the staff if it should be for everybody or only people who wish to help.) That way we can get an overview over ideas and have a battleplan for the entire project.

Also for the new skin idea I would love to make a skin for Animeb myself, but I have no idea how to do that... some links for tutorials would be nice. (also I want the Halloween Eva Skin back!!!)

Former:

Ok, first i want to say that my first lenguage its spanish, but it doesent mean that i dont understand you or that i dont care about all of your ideas, the same happens with style, but he really dont have tiempo to do the admin work, thats why he send me here to do this job, but it doesnt mean hes not working in the project.

Well i think that its a good idea to make a sub, forum to discus about what can we do with the community, activity, design, etc..

I see that there's a lot of ppl interested in working and helping animeb to be like it was a few years ago, or even better, so lets work on it

OMG Sirax your spanglish is killing me they are too nice and they don't say anything about it it's good to see some activity lately

Quote Originally Posted by Style View Post
    OMG Sirax your spanglish is killing me they are too nice and they don't say anything about it it's good to see some activity lately
    I know, but here in the office i don't have time to correct...

I guess i haven't practice for a while so that's why i don't know how to write what i want t say

Hinata-Sou Resident
    I especially liked 'he really dont have tiempo'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Betong Åsna View Post
    I especially liked 'he really dont have tiempo'
    Me too.

I could have done that any day, just would have used italics for the borrowed word.

That's the way my mieli works.

¡Bienvenido, Sirax! I am looking forward to seeing some concrete examples of your designs and arrangements.

Also, good to see you looking over us in these days, Style.

"I'm back an' I got a bigger gat!" (Sir Mix-a-Lot)

Cherish the memory of the Animeb Independent Volunteer Aerial Strikeforce, the Scandinavian Brigade, the Nosebleed Brigade, and every fan who fell in heroic battle for his or her favorite Hinata-sō girl! History ignored becomes history repeated.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information